Tuesday, January 10, 2006

report on TMT

Thank God that I met my aims of the trip. I had personel time with God, reflecting how my 2005 was, saw how wonderfully God is working with and through the Christian brothers and sisters in Thailand and to finally experience missions.

God’s continuous protection and grace had kept all of us safe and sound. That helped a lot especially when I was made the Safety and Security i/c. He was truly amazing how many of us, especially the first timers who grew spiritually during this trip. Furthermore, I have to thank God for He has given such approachable and forthcoming youths in my team who are always keeping a lookout for everyone. They are sensible and alert. Considering we did not have sufficient preparation before the trip, the team was still able to do His work which He prepared in advance. True to His promises, he uses what we have to complete His work. Moreover, the team members were supportive. We really bonded and enjoyed each others company.

What was me with the deepest impression was the fact that I was appointed to share the gospel with the local youths who are yet believers. I was told how to do it using Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Also, I was told to do the altar call.
I was not trained and it took me by surprise entirely. And through my inadequacy, He showed his power and glory through me. I was really humbled and touched by Him throughout this experience where one soul was saved. Praise the Lord!

I thought i become a role model for one of my brothers who really had a harder time bonding with us. Being a new member of the covenant family he had to work with us so closely in such a short time is a challenge and as we know God has His purpose of placing pple in each others life, i strongly felt that i was like a 'mentor' to him. As crazy as i think I am, vic actually asked me if pastoral care was my niche and that worship and music was secondary. As true as i am to myself, i love to talk to pple who have difficulties of many sorts..and caring for them...

I also got to make some new thai frens who are extremenly friendly. from high school students, to tertiary lvl to brothers and sisters in inburi, singburi, thachang..there were mai, tkaidaw, chicken, bom, lek, puy, teek, tong and many mores... as much as God has created a deep impression of us towards the trip, we have also impacted each others life as well.

There are still many incidents that have left a deep impression in me. I thank Him for this divine opportunity to serve Him in such a manner.

Just to also share with you that one of the reason why I chose Thai language instead of appealing for malay is that i can possibly help out in future TMTs...and that was what P.Ed said.haha...

More of You and Less of me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here