Sunday, August 20, 2006

Get Lost! race- adventure race for the Presbyterian youth!

“It was really God’s blessing”
“We are blessed.”
“God’s blessing.that…”

Those were the things I heard after today’s race.
Today was the Presbyterian Synod Youth Ministry’s Amazing Race Event- “Get Lost!”
This idea was birthed months ago and I was given the honour of leading a small yet passionate group of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

The preparation was filled with excitement, disagreements, angst, frustration, lost-ideaness, tiredness… and for me it was an opportunity for me to recognise some issues that have been ignored for a great period of time. On top of that, I do enjoy the fact that the working committee are made up of young people from different congregation of the Presbyterian family. The last person who joined us was Yeelin and I thank God for her resourceful, professionalism and the effort that she put in to come up with aesthetically designed clue cards…. Really, no one else could and would have done that. Special thanks to u (haha) though u would be reading this blog.

Through this, I see that it is very human to be tensed up, nervous, worried. Yes, we maybe Chrstian but we are not perfect. But it seems that all of us managed to keep our cool, esp Jeff, Eric and Junpei… We have Christ. That’s the different. The fact that He is our Saviour and that in Him we have Life, the fact that He is living in us and that we are dead to ourselves…that the holy spirit is ever present to aid us and that the love of Christ allows the team to come through. Thank you Jesus.

Even though we were only told to do up the story line but the feedback I got was positive and I have God and huiqi to thank. Yeah. It was definitely not easy and for someone like me who is not creative, the respond was consoling. =)
We had to dress up into pirates also. It was Wilson’s idea. Some of us didn’t. but I managed to pull it off!! Shall update my picture when I have the chance.

There were problems but were manageable. The one that wasn’t was the quick downpour.
Some groups were lost….went to the wrong church… then again, this is amazing race and what kick would there be if things like these do not happen.
This race has another dimension to it. There were roles like traders, spies and the purpose was to allow different teams to interact so as to get resources of certain kinds...
I was pleasantly surprised that the event started on time!! Amen! PTL!
=)

And as we are strengthening God's kingdom, the warriors at the battle ground will inevitably face wars spiritually. Pls do not mistaken this as some mystifying outta the world 2 spirits fighting with swords and gun..nah, these are real. Unseen but real. I know my team members face problems of their own, me too....., he too...and i'm glad that Jesus is faithful.
So hang in there. Satan will kill, steal and destroy but He is only the prince of the world;ours will always be the King of Kings...Prince of Peace...AMEN to that.

Had dinner with the committee b4 I joined the 2 covenant teams at Holland v for desert.
Over there, Ryan and Andrew shared with me testimonies and how God was blessing them and they were edifying brothers and sisters in their team. Really, I love to listen to testimonies. I think they remind me of the constant and fair goodness and love that God has for His children. Furthermore, these serve as a motivation for me not to siam Him.
Thank you and congrats to cov1!!

Befriended a fren of my race advisor. The new fren is a Korean. She is 21 and is an exchange student to Singapore- NUS Bizad. Been crossing path with Koreans nowadays after the tv series Da Jangguem – Jewel in the Palace. 大长今。
So after dinner, she exchanged number with the rest of the committee members who are from NUS. =)

One more thing… I like the dry fit t-shirt for the race!!! Very comfortable.

To sum the race up:
Tired and great learning experience which allows me to understand more about myself and how God never leaves me.
NEVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here