Saturday, October 01, 2005

a few agenda

More of You and Less of me

I have a few agenda to address today
1. being indifference or being protective of oneself when one decides not to stand out for what is right.
2. Honoring our parents.
3. the book I am reading and a new friend of mine
4. a dream I had last night.

1. this is in relation to the ‘no smoking’ signs that would be placed at more areas like busstops, toilets, etc.
There was once I saw a teenager spit at the busstop, and after wiping his mouth with tissue paper, decided to litter instead of walking to a bin nearby.
What would u do?
Would u behave indifferently?
Would u do that so that u wun be labeled as a busybody?
Would u behave indifferently as we are ‘minding our own business’?
Would u behave indifferently as we are civilians of no authorities to stop him, to remind him nicely?
Hw about civic responsibility? Are we to care solely on our own business and allow only the relevant authorities to do their job?
But, how many policemen are there on patrol? (in the first place, let’s ASSUME they care and bother…)
Is this how educated citizen behave?
OR
Would u step fwd and tell the person off nicely? Tactfully? Morally, it’s correct, but to carry out… it’s not easy. How about we educate pple how to do that. Ya….public education… DUHHH!!!

Now, there will definitely be some handful of smokers who may not understand, simple ignore, dunno about the new legislation and continue to smoke in new prohibited areas. Will u be a by-stander, or …will u make a difference?

Dear readers, pls respond… I shared with pple close to me and they discourage me to go ahead and remind them. And I’m discouraged.

2. Some minor episodes occurred and I dun wanna pin-point. Just wanna quote the book of knowledge.
Ephesians 6

1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother" which is the first commandment with a promise 3"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."4Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Colossians 3

20Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

In the near future, I’ll be earning and I’ll give a proportion to my parents. I encourage future earners to do that. Ur parents would appreciate. I am also guilty of not respecting my parents at times. Yep, sorry.

3. Yep, the book. and a fren

It’s captivating. Every page and every chapter haven’t failed to show the power and grace and love and relevance of God in our lives… I am really inspired. I dunno how to put in words. He makes me feel ashamed. But I’m quite sure I’m not called to do what he does.

I spoke to a new friend. She’s my classmate. Thank God that He arranged this meeting and opportunity to chat and allow each other to find out how God has been playing a part in our lives. Encouraging. Yea

4. I had a dream.

Got invited to a friend’s wedding. In it, I prayed for an object that is required for the wedding but became faulty. I prayed and God answer the prayer. That object was repaired. Yep, that was the fragment that I can remember clearly. The next part is a lil vague: and that was I followed what Brother Yun did when God told him to speak up. I think I told my friends around me that God just did a miracle. and i asked them when, then, would they believe in my God. My Jesus…yep. how can u deny the very fact He is Almighty.

And fyi, brother yun was imprisoned at Nanyang Prison for spreading negative propaganda about the gov, the 3 self patriotic church,etc. Despite his frail physique, he stood up and exclaimed to his cell mates to repent and look to God, ask Him for forgiveness; to accept Christ as their Saviour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here