Tuesday, September 13, 2005

my tuition kid, amanda

like w a v e s in the OCEAN
like v a p o u r in the WIND

Do u teach tuition to a someone whose parents cook lunch, dinner for you and also drive u to the train station when u are in a hurry or when it rains?

I am treated so nicely and warmly in this family I’m teaching. I got hot coffee on a sat morning or cold day; iced-blended milo or fresh orange juice on a hot day. I got a taste on home-cooked lunch like laksa when my timing’s tight and not have time to settle meal myself. I got home-cooked dinner like fish, chicken, ribs, scrambled eggs, soup…for dinner. Snacks! As well… pastry, carrot cake, etc…
I am always so paiseh when they dish out all these yummies so generously.
On top of that, my lil tutee girl is so smart…though forgetful and careless (outstanding traits of a child ), she asks qn that I nv thought of… stuff that most of us take it for granted. Like

Why do we need oxygen to live?
Why oxygen and not other gases like nitrogen which is 3times more than oxygen.?
She tells me there’s air inside water. She is p4…
She asked me many more intriguing questions which I have already forgotten.
And I do answer her that ‘God created it this way’

She shares about her tortourous PE lesson, related what tough training the fatties in TAF CLUB has.
She also shares excitedly about activities in church..what she does and her mission trips.

I enjoy teaching her….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here