Sunday, October 22, 2006

Personal Reflection of the article "Death"

Personally, as a Christian, my old life would have been crucified along with Christ who died on the cross and then rose again 3 days later.
The life I have now is a life that is made right with my Creator who, because of what Christ did, has accepted me as His own.
Now, as Christ liveth in me and as in all who acknowledge him, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come! Death, inevitably as it is, is not something I would tremble and fear…cos I know I will be meeting Christ and welcome to paradise where a place in the kingdom of God has been prepared for me. Amen.

I guess, as human as u readers, I would be saddened that my departure on earth is abrupt.
And true enough, I think there are many things on earth that are still uncompleted and I dun think I am ready to enter heaven. There are people who I love, I care, I am praying for but I haven’t a chance to see them accept Christ. The harvest is plenty, the workers are few…

We are only here for a short visit- yea- we are transiting in this plane. We are having a rehearsal for eternity. Should we be smelling flower along the way…. Well…we should be wise to know which type of flower is right to smell…
Once we learn how to die, we’ll learn how to live.
Once I knew how Christ had die, WHY he died, I learn What to choose and Who to believe. For Christ, who had no sin, suffered in our place ONCE AND FOR ALL.
At the Singapore Hospice Council, they believe it is neither morbid nor fatalistic to contemplate our own death.

While sudden deaths might seem appealing, in reality they leave a great many things undone, and they are very often the hardest deaths for families to accept.......
We all pass away alone only to see Jesus waiting for us…… Death is, by its very nature, the loneliest experience man was ordained to endure… well, it will be eternal separation from the Creator God…whether it will be lonely, I dunno…but I know I expect day in day out of celebration in heaven for me! Of course, they want to talk about it; they are about to enter the great unknown – well, the issue is what truth one subscribes to…and talking can therapeutic. (the underlined part is added by me)

"I forgive you". "Forgive me". "Thank you", "I love you". "Goodbye". Those are the five steps of relationship closure

I leave with u 2Cor 6: 2
For he says, “In the time of my favour I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favour, NOW is the Day of SALVATION.

Choice, that’s what life is all about…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here