Friday, October 08, 2010

an email to my band members

Dear RADHKA

Hope this email reaches you well.

What an experience it is for me to sing in a real band, an album-producing band that sings of God's love and glory.

It's about 3 years since this band was created and I have been blessed in many ways because of the band. Some of you know I am engaged to Faith a month ago. She, definitely, is a blessing in my life. We are now planning our wedding in July next year. This season of my life has been quite tiring but fun, stressful yet meaningful.

As I am typing this, I'm listening to the minus one of "song title" in the dropbox, i think God has really blessed each of us with talent. And it is so beautiful for us to be able to serve Jesus through music.

With much thought and many practical considerations, I have decided to step out of this band. It's not a sudden decision. Initially, I thought I can be a full member contributing constructively untill "album title" is launched. Now, we have better equipment, God-sent teacher and producer, amazing compositions to record!!! So Gian to sing. However, I do think time is too tight for vocal classes, photo shoots to be rescheduled again and again. It's not easy to coordinate timings for a group of people who have diverse schedules like us. (R, you are v. patient. God bless you.) In the future where studio recording is concerned, I am unlikely to have that flexibility in my schedule because of work, time with fiancee, preparation for wedding, ministry stuff too. With the above, I think I cannot come for studio recording and produce the quality that this upcoming album can have. Time is tight. Money is involved as well. Let the time and money be spent be wisely.

I've attended 5 vocal classes with R and A. Their vocals have improved tremendously. They meet up so very often after lesson to practice and discuss. The very first time I had A voice when R let me hear "song title", I was surprised with A's improved singing. Praise God for Grace. Well, I think I have improved slightly too... according to Faith! hahaha. Well, I think there is a Thai version of song title in this album and I like to do it (not alone off course). And if you guys don't mind, I like to contribute to this album in this manner. (feat. William, hahaha)

I sincerely and prayerfully hope that my departure from this band now would not have come too late.

This is not an easy decision but is one that I think is wise and would serve to benefit all.

With God's creativity, I trust that you guys would continue to glorify Him.

Prayerfully,

William

vocal back-up

8/10/2010

PS one last contribution, call yourself H.D.Band =D

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger cheRlyn! said...

H.D FTW! :D haha

-a fan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here