Thursday, January 26, 2006

busier term

More of You and Less of me
This semester is definitely busier than the last. It can be simply psychological or as a-matter-of-fact.Although school ends before 2pm and 10am on Thursday and Friday respectively, I still feel tired. could be the travelling.

This semester has more tutorials to handle than the last.I feel stretched at times and I dunno why. I’m not stressed entirely. No need to be. I’m doing readings but sadly not for my SW modules of which one of them is very boring (Community work and group work). I dunno why. I SW major. I dun want to screw them up. Sadly, they are essential modules that are not very appealing.
In fact, I am beginning to enjoy my English exposure. I like learning what is taught in class. Many new and helpful terms and its ambiguity also seem to make the module likeable. The lecturer, Dr. A, is humorous and I guess that’s why I dun dread attending her afternn lecture from 2-4 on Monday.
One other module I’m taking is pah sa Thay (Thai language). Thank goodness I am having an enjoyable time picking it up With some background knowledge and an awesome experience in Thailand last year does make learning easier. The class’s small…4 guys and 8-9 girls. I’m actually excited learning. And I do hope the module gets interesting and even more engaging as time passes by. Right now, all except one can speak w/o referring to the text book.Oh well, I think I can consider taking more Thai modules than Malay if I’m convicted to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised that many of those who take Thai are Christians from other churches who are keen on doing mission work in The Land of Smile. I didn’t confess that it was one of my reasons and I thought it was not very nice to tell them that.It is exciting to see that God allows such module to exist in the modular option list in NUS; unlike NTU n SMU. This, I see, is an avenue to engage Thai with ease when we meet them there.In just two days, I’ve come to realize that not just in SW, but in Thai class too, where a large proportion is Christians. I met a Campus Crusade guy for lunch for he wanted to meet me as I indicated that I wanted to know more about DVC from them. And he told me that the number of guys in CC is less than 50. very low, very low indeed.

At a spur of a moment, I decided to catch Memoirs of a Geisha. I enjoyed it very much.It is a must-watch for Jap studies students. The movie captured the change/transition of a pre-war Japan to a post-war Japan and its effect. How the status of a geisha took a tumble. True blue Geishas were elegant and cultured; they know how to dance and also to captivate the audiences with entrapping elegance and beauty. I think I had attended a crash course on the history of Geisha.

Qns:
A fancies B
C fancies B
A and C are buddies
C saved A's life before.
If u were A, would u let C have B?
If i were A, i prob let C have B. cos i owe my life to C.

A fancies B
C fancies B
A and C are buddies
C saved A's life before.
Knowing that B fancies A as well and if u were A,
would u let C have B?

If i were A, i would still let C have B. cos i owe my life to C.

A fancies B
B fancies A but A doesn't know that.
B was caught on bed with stranger by A
If u were A, would u
1. bash up stranger
2. run away outta shame and guilt cos u felt u fail to protect and secure B
3. detest B thereafter
4. All of the above...
5. None of the above.
If i were A, I prob choose......

My train journey (BV station to tampines) is coming to an end…I think I’ll write another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here