Saturday, January 21, 2006

time of sharing

More of You and Less of me
before i launch into my blog, i like to introduce to u this website (thanks ting) http://ecards.emicmg.com/soldierStory/relaunch.html#

above is a testimony of a US soldier who was sent to Iraq and how a hymn inspired and sustained him as he serve his duty away from home, away from wife wife and children. How through difficult time like this that he tapped about the words of " IN CHRIST ALONE" and received strength and consolation from the God of the Most High.

yday during CG, enoch led us through discussions on topics like meditation and deliverance. He told us there're 4 types of Christian meditation and we tried out 2. Would like to share what my experience and what i got outta it when we did the one which we try to be 'in the Scripture'.

He read the passage about Peter walking on water... I was like an observer, picturing the scenerio.
when the boat that the disciples are on was battered by the waves...i compare it to a crisis.
when Jesus went out to them in the night, walkin on the lake - it's like in the midst of crisis, we see Jesus from afar...in the storm, tog with us...it's in the dark in the ocean...do you think one can see clearly?
This incident serve also to trust in Jesus who appeared to them when they are facing disappointments and confusion, despair and tension. Now, Peter was summoned to go to Jesus. Peter's step of faith outta' confort zone (boat...he is safer in the boat rather than anywhere else at that moment so we think) is like us trusting in Jesus in times of need.
'But when he saw the wind, he was afraid' - the wind is like another attack or setback even when one face has ALREADY made the step of trust in God.
However when Peter called out to Jesus to save him, Jesus IMMEDIATELY pulled him to safety.

wat i want to highlight is that even though u can still be faithful and look upwards in times difficulties, there is still the wind around to distract you. What would u do? Will u give up? Will u forget that ultimately u are called by Jesus to come to Him in the first place when u are faced with problems? Peter didn't forget about Jesus. He cried out help and help he received!

Are u facing any crisis or sort now?
What's your way out?

Enoch told me there are infact many spiritual giant who faced a drought in their spiritual life before they become who they have become in the end.
He shared with me about "DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL". The dark night of the soul is a terrible time, the darkest, a period in which God and meaning are absent. If you can imagine the worst despair, the kind which drives some to take their own lives, you are on the right track. It can be triggered by life events, by the death of a loved one, a betrayal, a reversal of fortune, a job loss, a cut-off of relations among family members, the diagnosis of a terminal illness, or simply a loss of meaning and an absence of zest for life (Rev Linda Hoddy, 2003).

I think Job in the bible experienced smth like that.
"DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL" is the writings of St. John of the Cross in the late 16th c. He wrote this in a prison cell to escape to the Lord whom He trust to be there even though He feels nothing, sense nothing....


darknightofthesoul
So dark the night! At rest
And hushed my house, I went with no one knowing
Upon a lover’s quest
-Ah the sheer grace! – so blest
My eager heart with love aflame and glowing.
In darkness, hid from sight
I went by secret ladder safe and sure

-Ah grace of sheer delight! –
so softly veiled by night,
hushed now my house, in darkness and secure.
Hidden in that glad night,
Regarding nothing as I stole away,
No one to see my flight,
No other guide or light
Save one that in my heart burned bright as day.
Surer than noonday sun,
Guiding me from the start this radiant light
Led me to that dear One
Waiting for me, well-known,
Somewhere apart where no one came in sight.
Dark of the night, my guide,
Fairer by far than dawn when stars grow dim!
Night that has unified
The Lover and the Bride,
Transforming the Beloved into him.
There on my flowered breast
That none but he might ever own or keep,
He stayed, sinking to rest,
And softly I caressed
My Love while cedars gently fanned his sleep.
Breeze from the turret blew
Ruffling his hair. Then with his tranquil hand
Wounding my neck, I knew
Nothing: my senses flew
At touch of peace too deep to understand.
Forgetting all, my quest
Ended, I stayed lost to myself at last.
All ceased: my face was pressed
Upon my Love, at rest,
With all my cares among the lilies cast.
The past 2 worships i had on Sundays have songs that struck me.
read the lyrics:
"in the battles Lord, You are my peace.
When I'm broken Lord, You are my strength.......
..You're my joy, my song in the night..."
-PRAISE TO THE LORD
"Thank you Lord for the trials that come my way.
in that way i can grow each day as i let You lead.
And i thank you, Lord for the patience those trials bring
in theat process of growing I can learn to care.
But it goes against the way i am
to put my human naure down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do
'Cause when those trials come
My human nature shouts the thing to do
And God soft prompting can be easily ignored
But I thank you Lord, with each trial I feel inside
That you' re there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
'Cause You promised, Lord that with every testing
That Your way of escaping's easier to bear
Yes, I thank you Lord
for the victory that growing brings
In surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
And i thank you Lord that when everything's put in place
Out in front i can see Your face
and it's there You belong"
-Thank You Lord
To all my Christian brothers and sisters...
take comfort that He has paid it all. Dun let each drip of blood from His nail-pierced hands go to waste.
To all my friends who aren't believers of my God...
thank you for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here