Friday, December 08, 2006

end of yr2sem1

Yesterday’s exam marks the end of my first semester of my second year.
I would simply summed up that having to go through this particular exams knowing that there are spiritual support, physical and emotional support is a very settling experience.

Spiritual: Prayer supports, God’s presence and peace even though I couldn’t finish 3 papers of which 2 of them are open book. I think one book examination is tougher (so is MCQ-based for finals).
Physical: I have a fren who graciously opened up his hostel for me to bunk in when I stay back in school to study at night. He’s my section mate in BMT and well… I could stay up, sleep more and attend a 8am thai class; Also, when my family is not around, I was kept companied…
Emotional: There was no stress from my family and there is a reasonable pressure stemming from my course mates…

I hope that I can secure a CAP which is >3.5 Not very hopeful in getting a zai result but I know I will have a zai future. Thank God.

This semester showed me that attending lectures by value-adding lecturers is great motivations and that there are still some of them out there. Humble, knowledgeable, Humorous, Professional and thus ADMIRABLE.
This sem also allowed me taste the challenge of doing a language as a module. My weekend was spent doing thai assignment which can be rather stressful as I dun have sufficient exposure to a thai community although the thai staff in NUS are extremely frenly and endearing.
Oh! I have this tendency also to used the skills I learned from one of my modules- interpersonal effectiveness in social work when I talk to frens and family memnbers.
So I deduce if I do not achieve an A, I have a life-skill which is even more important than a distinction on paper.


Well…I can go on and on…so I thank God for all the things that had happened thus far…the friends He gave us, the experience we shared though I admit there were times I felt I was no where near Him.

I have also dropped the idea of going for an exchange to HK in my third yr.
I would want to concentrate pulling up my CAP score, so that I can ultimately graduate with at least a 2nd lower (hons)… if it is God’s willing, then I shall achieve a 2nd upper.
Because, I do have wish doing a MSW or MBA (management) so having a honours is a platform good to have.

Well, I can just hope and submit my plans to Jesus.

With that, I end my semestral report! Hahaha….it’s happy and packed /holiday with kboxes, retreat, musical, movies and rest! OH YA!! How can I forget CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here