Friday, March 30, 2007

PTO


Last night i went to Esplanade to watch the Phantom of the Opera.

The last time it came was more than a decade ago when i was in primary school.


I managed to get hold of the score- Phantom of the Opera. I sang while i played on the piano. I was Christine and Phantom.


As i grow up, i began to like Raoul more than Phantom. Vicompte Raoul de Chagny's range was more comfortable for me. His love for Christine in "All I ask of You" has particularly drawn me to his character and repetoire more than Phantom's. Some sort of special connection with "All i ask of you"...since i was in J1...back in 2001.


There were disappointment nonetheless throughout the musical. 4times i think...and twice occured at notes prior to prima donna. the climax not there, once at the end when Raoul was at the dungeon with Christine and Phantom. Given that phantom's part is very very tedious, he deserves the hugh(est) - pardon me applause.


and as i was watching, i realised it was my (late) childhood dream come true...thanks dee...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here