Friday, August 31, 2007

to my teachers

Today i went to junyuan sec to complete my task.
i saw them getting into lines to do exercise- ACES day!
and suddenly i remembered today most school would celebrate TEACHERS' DAY.

oh doesn' this term sound 'o so familiar. When was the last time u wished a teacher a 'happy teachers' day'? When was the last time the class got together to buy your most beloved teacher a cake, a stalk of flower, perform for the staff an item or two on the wooden and highly collapsable stage in a non-conditioned hall with door shutter that goes clang clang when strong wind blows.

tmr's teachers' day. and there was a period of time when i celebrated it for the teachers.
and we enjoyed those days cos teachers seem so nice and smiley... cos there is no classes... there were laughters, sweet exchanges of gifts and cards.

Yes, there were teachers who are respectable and there are those who are totally crap.
I've met some of each type. Respectable ones really inspire; they guide and wish u the best..hoping days after we leave school, we will grow into a 有用的人。。a useful citizen.
While, there were those u really feel they should be shot straight in the head....

There are some teachers whom i like to mention, as a tribute...
Mdm Aida: my K2 teacher whom i still keep in touch. she appreciates me for keeping in touch wither her.


Mdm Z: my pri 1 teacher form teacher who gave me a chance to take charge of groups... and entrust me with duties and responsibilities and praising me with smiles on her face each time i did things rite...

张及元老师: my pri sch chinese teacher who dotes on me...maybe i hand in my work on time and does my work conscientiously. He must be in his late 60s by now. He used to invite me to his place at marine parade but i nv go. He was a very soft and motivational.

Mrs B.Thong: pri 2 form teacher. pri sch choir teacher i/c: she was known to be my god-ma. my 靠山...haha. she gave me chances to perform in school then. Encourager to me when i was kid and she is very lovable granny now.

Mdm Noorfizah: PRI 6 form teacher! who will forget her! she's the star of all our gathering. without her, the attendance's low. She got us to fold 4 stars b4 PSLE to indicate that we are aiming for the stars for our 4 subj! She, then, sticked them in a card and sent them to us b4 PSLE and remind us that we made the commitment to strive for the stars.


Mdm Ong: Sec sch choir i/c, MEP teacher: rather naggy and blur but never fail to inspire us with her wealth of knowledge. She saw me up. She thought i will act for a career. She believed in me- to contribute to DHS choir, to do well for MEP.

Mr Lau Chong Jin: He is one strict fellow. very insightful person whom i didn't know how to appreciate. Perhaps it was E-lit that made me dislike him then. What a pity. He would have been a wonderful old man to talk to.

Mrs Wadhwani: She was posted to Bedok Green as HOD or Principal..i forgot..She WAS SOLID. my hist teacher who taught us all how to enjoy the subject...taught us how to answer and tackle questions. She inspired many of my peers to take up teaching and study History and English. She is very conscientious and encouraging. I remembered doing a B3 for o lvl prelims and she knew i was upset and she spoke words of encouragement and yay! i got an A1!!!

Mdm Ting: She was not my Chinese teacher but as a typical 华校graduate and teacher...she advocate the use of chinese name for all my classmates... As a form teacher who took the class half way in Sec4, she got into action quick and that was how she motivated the lazy boys and smart girls to not rest on the laurels and continue to strive...

Ms Tan Jen Fee: I feared her. Her loud and screaky voice. SCary. but she loves us...very differently. She would be real sarcastic...but she meant well...and i realised that only half way thru sec4. B4 prelim... u know she was one teacher u can trust and learn from...inspiring! Oh ya, she mentioned schools needs professional social worker and counsellors...that made me continue to stay on in SW.


Mrs Chng: My GP teacher. Haha... i 'dated' her in outside regular class!!!! Woohoo... and i meant dating during REMEDIAL. my grasp of english was terok. Sentence structure, grammatical errors...non-insightful discussion... lack of breadth and depth...a typical lousy GP students. I had remedial for 2 yrs... (ripley! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!) At the end of the day, I respected her. She nv gave up on me. NEVER. She was a kind and motherly lady... She was one of pivotal characters whom i spoke to b4 deciding on majoring in SW. She said " It is tough being a teacher, but as a social worker, it is tougher. And it is greater too...Go for it if u think......." so sweet!


Thank you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here