Monday, May 07, 2007

day 1 at TFSC...

Today was my first day at placement. I will be at Tampines FSC- TFSC for the next 9weeks. Nothing much for day one except to get myself orientated and know who my colleagues are, what they portfolios, where are the counseling rooms, resource centre, children drop in centre are.

I got a desk of which I would like to slowly decorate it. I want to have pictures of my beloved and I on the table somewhere. That’ll be quite sweet. =) yea

It was not until noon then I saw a male staff.
With him, I got to know about 16 pple... ie to say 15 ladies which also include our cleaner at our centre. I found out that there are 11 christians amongst the professional helpers, 2 nc, 1 catholic. So blessed to be amongst brothers and sisters in Christ. My supervisor has accepted Christ but it was said that her status is unknown. I wonder if God has intended me to reach out to her or not.
Wed morning are supposed to be devotional morning.

Tues and Fri are said to be the days when a cooking team would cook lunch and dinner but this only applies for those in the team. Those who cannot cook eat out.
OH! And there’re staff trainings, meeting on Fridays…
I saw on the whiteboard that there is supposed to be badminton on Friday evenings.

I’ve chose to work afternn shift on Monday that means 12-9pm..while the rest of the days will be 9-6pm….

She seemed like a very nice lady. She wants initiative from me and she wouldn’t step unless she thinks I’m incompetent.

There are a handful of Msian in the centre. There are some who speaks naturally in Cantonese. Most prefer to communicate in Chinese. Even one of my Indian colleague who is one of the SWTS scholar understand that bit of Mandarin too!
There might be a camp which I might go. It’s part of Guidance Programme.
Wow… sounds busy yet it’s true… I’m supposed to be responsible to 5 cases myself with supervision.

AND
before this… my beloved and I spent time on the weekend tog… and we were happy people… shopping… ‘m glad u didn’t insist of paying for it, I’m glad that we shopped our legs almost dropped… I’m :) that we went to fly kite…woohoo!!!
Bowling and eating… I know we were quite tired by Sunday night…but we still endured to watch how Chelsea drew at arsenal and gave man-united the championship!!
*hug* 谢谢。我好开心啊!


Oh well!!!
i hope I will enjoy the rest of my attachment amidst recordings, camps, ya planning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here