Friday, October 30, 2009

ministered by His words and songs

i thank God for guiding me to spend time being quiet in the morning when i have the space to worship and pray (aloud, if i want to) at office.
I spend at least 40hrs at work at my cubicle... 40 outta 188hr a week... that's about a fifth of my time... yar, so i see importance in praying and spending with Him here.

previously, i had a log of some of the excellent entries in daily bread and our daily journey (both from www.rbc.org.) but since the items from my desktop went missing, i did not do up another list.

today, i visited the website again and i am reminded there is similarities between the God who created us and us... how when we place value on certain item, we would want to pursue it/him/her/them... God spoke about the parables of the lost coin, sheep and son. How mericful and loving is our Shepherd who loves each one of us, regardless of the blemishes, brokeness and pain we have cause Him.
For us, when we place certain importance/value in an item, we would run helter-skelter searching for it when we misplace them...like ur HP (duhzz), ur cross, ur photo album, ur bible or ur pillow.

what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
human beings that you should care for them?
Yet you made them only a little lower than God

another thing that i like to share is a quick reminder from God through reflection.
first of all, i need to acknowledge that He who ministered to me through worship song is indeed a LIVING God who meets me at my point of need.

I am, but, a social worker who would attempt to meet my clients at their point of need.
So there was this particular night when I met my client who seek help in dealing with youth.
I ended off that night quite irritated. I wonder, "How come arh...why so angry...".
Do i want to solve their problem more than they do; what if i cannot help; what if thing doesn't turn out how we/i/they want?

Then, this line from stood out " glory to you, when i change their life"... prob this is not the exact line.

I will give God the glory when the lives of my clients change, ar changing, have changed.
The FA they got, the rental units they are in, the temporary shelters they are placed in, the understanding and empathy they receive during session, the tears they shed AND the FA they did not get, the accomodations they fail to obtain, the rejections they got from some organisation, the apparent mis-understanding during sessions, all glory and praise to God.

and so as i work in the lives of pp, may God work in my life so that i can be a channel of blessing, be a different worker. a Christian social worker who imitates God instead of a social worker who is a Christian. I am not the one who changes their lives. It is Him.

and with that, i am comforted.
and that's when my need was met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Click Here